Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A New Blog

My name is Sara. I will turn thirty-seven next week. I have a wonderful husband, two darling, devilish children, a full-time job as a Human Resources Manager, and a house that somehow ended up with four bathrooms and a very small mudroom. I write fiction, mainly for young adults.

I play many roles: an employer, an employee, a writer, a reader, a wife, a daughter, a sister, an aunt, a friend, a teacher, a cleaner, a laundress, a chauffeur, a cook, an amateur birthday-cake designer, and the list goes on.

But mostly, I am a mother, which encompasses so many of the other roles.

I've started this blog to share my experiences as a Not-So-Perfect Mom. There are so many things I would love to do for my family -- go green, grow a garden, cook healthful -- yet delicious -- meals that they will actually eat, plan activities and crafts and art projects.... that list could go on and on as well. And I do some of these things, but not all the time, and some not very well, and there are some days when I would let my children eat chicken nuggets for breakfast, lunch, and dinner if they asked.

I may not be perfect, but every day I do the best that I possibly can for my family, and that's okay -- just like so many other moms out there, whether they work outside the home or not.  I just drink another cup of coffee and move on to the next load of laundry.

So read on. Laugh. Share your own not-so-perfect experiences. And just do the best you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment